To get the most out of CodeCon, you should be prepared to hack away at a project of your choice.
Extra kudos if it is a community FOSS project.
You will be encouraged to participate in some group discussion, and give a talk on what you are trying to do or have done, and ask for help if you need it. Add yourself to the 2014 programme and we'll see you there!
We will be using elements of an Open Space Technology meetup.
If you are prepared to discuss your project with the group. It might help to type out:
- What your project is about
- Why you're doing it/what problem does it solve.
- What languages you intend to use (and if appropriate, why those languages).
- What algorithms (if any) you need to implement
- How you intend to test your project
- What are the biggest challenges for you.
- What attack vectors might exist within your code and how to defend against them.
- If you need help with any aspect of it, it might help to write a list of question.